Covid-19 policy statement.
Snowea Wildlife Safaris-Africa continues to monitor the global Covid-19 (pandemic) situation and exceptional circumstances that are constantly evolving. While as these are challenging times, we are committed to making responsible decisions for the future of tourism and holiday travel in East Africa. With every effort, we strive to continue operating responsibly by ensuring our top priority is putting the health and safety of our guests/clients and staff first with no compromise and thank you for your continued support and cooperation as we manage to live with this pandemic.
Please kindly give attention and make use of the links below by visiting them in addition to the brief highlights that give an update about the Covid-19 procedures that must be complied with as far as travelling to East Africa in concerned.
Visitors fully vaccinated against Covid-19 at the time of arrival in Entebbe-Uganda will be exempted from Covid-19 PCR test provided that they do not have any signs of Covid-19 at the time on Entebbe Airport.
If the visitor is not from a country recently flagged by Ministry of Health of Uganda as having high numbers of Covid-19 cases, the visitor will be subjected to a PCR test at an extra cost of USD 135.2 (for express results) or USD 65 (for 12 hours waiting time results) at a specialised medical clinic at the airport: Test and Fly.
If found positive for Covid-19 or requested to undertake a self-isolation for 7 days or 14 days, this will be in line with the government’s stipulated self-isolation procedures in the specified residences or any other reserved residences that we shall consider as safe for our guests convenient stay in Uganda.
Covid-19 procedures in-Tanzania
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes. Travelers are required to complete an online Health Surveillance Form within 24 hours prior to arrival. Travelers will then receive a Unique Health Code (UHC), which they will present to health officials upon arrival.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes. All travelers are required to present a negative COVID-19 test certificate upon arrival. The test must be a Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test, with the sample collected within 72 hours before arrival in Tanzania.
- The Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children “Travel Advisory No. 7 of 4th May 2021” has details on these requirements.
- The health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes. All travelers entering Tanzania will be subject to enhanced screening for COVID-19, including through a rapid test. The rapid test cost is $25 per traveler. Contact the local immigration office for visa extensions for instances where the Covid-19 results have not been received in a timely manner.
- Travellers who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and have a negative PCR COVID-19 test certificate for a test conducted within 72 hours prior to arrival to Rwanda and no signs of Covid-19, shall be approved to proceed with their travel plans within Rwanda.
- Non-vaccinated travellers or those coming from countries recently flagged by Ministry of Health of Rwanda as having high numbers of Covid-19 cases, the visitor will be requested to undertake a covid-19 test at an extra cost of USD 60 (Covid-19 test) and USD 10 for specific logistics, and will be required to wait 24 hours for the results of their COVID-19 test taken upon arrival in a designated transit hotel. Register for the test before arriving here a Covid-19 test.
- Upon arrival and completing the Covid-19 test, the traveler can monitor the status of his or her results through regulator website. Covid-19 test results status.
Effective June 15, 2021, all passengers arriving from or have traveled to India and Uganda in last 7 days are required to complete 7 days in mandatory quarantine upon arrival at the designated hotels (Ubumwe Grande Hotel, Landmark Suites, Corina K. Guest house and Colours.
- Travelers who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and are coming from the exempted countries shall be allowed to procced with their travel plan in Kenya provided they don’t have any signs of Covid-19 at the time of arrival at the airport. Check for the exempted countries on the link here and any other details.
- Depending on which other countries the travellers are coming from, hall have a negative PCR based Covid-19 certificate carried out within 96 hours prior to departure date. Arriving passengers will be required to undergo a 14-day quarantine except if you are coming from the exempted countries. Please check on the link to confirm your eligibility in this regard.
- The mandatory Ministry of Health Travellers Health Surveillance online Form must be filled out and submitted prior to travel. The online form should be accessed from the Ministry of Health website here:
- After submitting the travel surveillance form, Passengers are advised to download the QR code. Passengers will be required to display the received QR codes to port health officials on arrival for them to be allowed to proceed to arrival immigration.
- Locator forms to be completed and left with your tour operator for purposes of any potential traceability.